The last thing consumers want is to find human hair in their food or medicine, so a sanitary work environment is critical for companies that manufacture or package consumer foods, medicines, assemble electronics or treat patients.
Hospitals need to keep wounds free from infection, and factories can't afford shutdowns or product recalls due to human contamination, so many seek relief by fitting production workers with disposable fluffy hair caps. They are lightweight, comfortable to wear, inexpensive, simple to use and effective in preventing product contamination. A voluminous cap or hairnet also keeps hair out of the eyes while working, thus increasing productivity.
A voluminous cap is different from a hairnet. Hair nets are made of nylon or polyester mesh material designed to stretch over the head and cover the hair, but if you look closely, you will notice a webbing effect. While webbing has openings or small holes that can inadvertently let hair through, a floppy hat is made of a layer of fabric without holes. Another difference between hairnets and puffy hats is that hairnets are somewhat camouflaged when worn, while puffy hats stand out and are easier to check for compliance. The puffy cap also provides a clean look for guests who may visit the plant.
GOODPLUS offers a variety of disposable puffy caps for a variety of work tasks. They provide hygienic protection for a cleaner work environment, eliminate cross-contamination and keep hair away from an individual's face and eyes while working.
Our fluffy hoods are available in different fabrics, colors and sizes such as 18", 21", 24" or 28", perfect for anyone with "big hair". Each hood is made with a comfortable, latex-free elastic closure that holds the fluffy puff in place and tucks hair in.
1. Polypropylene: Spunbond polypropylene is the most economical and basic puffy cap commonly used in dentistry, healthcare, medical research, pharmaceuticals, food service and janitorial services. This standard fabric is a very popular choice for basic protective clothing requiring routine light spray and particle protection. The protective barrier properties are created by bonding fibers together to form a single layer of breathable, woven material that is very lightweight and abrasion resistant.
If color coding is critical to the department or assembly line, we have polypropylene puffy caps available in a variety of unique colors such as red, pink, orange, blue, white, green and yellow!
2. Polyethylene : Made of 3/4 mil clear, lint-free polyethylene fabric, these puffy hoods provide waterproof barrier protection and are ideal for food processing, pharmaceutical, paint, electronics manufacturing and assembly. These polyethylene hoods are also used as disposable shower caps in hotel establishments and are typically worn in hair salons.
3. Microporous: Liquid resistant, tear and puncture resistant, microporous fabrics are ideal for hot and humid environments. Ideal for moderate to heavy fluid exposure, light chemical exposure or high dry particle tolerance for long-term wear conditions. This soft, flexible, proprietary nonwoven material provides superior protection and excellent breathability.
4. SMS/multi-layer: SMS fabrics are suitable for extended wear situations involving low to moderate fluid and particle protection, typically in healthcare, research, cleanrooms, food service, pharmaceutical, electronics manufacturing or surgical centers. SMS or multi-layer puffy caps are more opaque and are the "heavier" choice for wearing polypropylene puffy caps. They are also very breathable. The protective barrier properties consist of a meltblown polypropylene inner layer sandwiched between a spunbonded polypropylene outer layer. This embossed multi-layer material is strong, fluid resistant and breathable, providing the best combination of protection, aesthetics and comfort.
5. Recommended for critical environmental applications, Bouffant Caps are made of flash-spun high-density polyethylene, a non-woven material that is well suited for lead and asbestos abatement/remediation, general maintenance/operations, painting, general cleanup, laboratory, pharmaceutical and can be used in cleanroom applications. The protective barrier is built into the fabric itself; it will not wear or abrade and provides excellent shielding for small dry particles, microorganisms and non-hazardous liquids.Bouffant Caps are durable and available in cleaned, sterile and non-sterile options.